First of all, let me start by apologizing for not being on top of my blogaboutmydog game.
I've been in a migraine cycle now for 7.5 solid weeks. 54 days, but who's counting :( I have seen more doctors, had more IV medications, had more side effects from said medications, etc than I care to talk about right now...so I'm not going to.
I'm going to talk about something that makes me happy. A light at the end of this bullshit.
I love Christmas. I don't get annoyed when people put up their trees before thanksgiving, I applaude those people! Good for you!
I watch Elf, and listen to the Pandora Christmas channels (when Chris isn't home,) and I'm straight up obnoxious about it.
This year is going to be tough. One...I'm sick. I'm not able to drive right now. And a lot of times the meds I'm on make just getting out of bed difficult. And Two, I'm not working.
That means less money to spend on stupid things and more planning.
Because of these things I decided that I needed a Christmas bucket list...otherwise I might miss something!
1. Put up both trees, the "regular," one and Oscar's
2. Get Oscar to cooperate for a Christmas card photo and get cards out on time
3. Make "Hanukkah sack," gift basket for boys by the first night of Hanukkah. (The history behind this is a whole other story/blog post!)
4. Take Christopher to see "Festival of Lights," at Bull Run Park.
5. Finish gathering materials, work with Christopher to make our homemade gift for everyone
6. Manassas city parade on December 7
7. Hang stockings
8. Decorate the porch, just a little bit
9. Mail a card and one book each to my sweet nephews in Chicago
10. ICE at the Gaylord hotel in National Harbor
11. Host ugly sweater/shov'unda party at mouse house
12. Bake Christmas cookies...maybe do a cookie exchange? That would be fun!
13. Try and get to Gloucester to see Christopher's family, and the lobster trap Christmas tree!
14. Collect pet food, toys, collars, leashes, etc to give to the Humane society for Christmas
15. Would love to go to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, we will see.
16. Spend a million hours with family and friends until they are sick of me ;)
17. Christmas jammies!
18. Make new memories and traditions that will last for years to come with our little fam damily.