A dog and his girl, some crafts, cooking, and a whole lot of nonsense...

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

One year later.

It's amazing how one year, 365 days, can feel like such a short time, and an eternity at the same time.

My grandmother, My Ma, died one year ago today. Some days it feels like it was a million years ago. I can't even remember...or maybe I CHOOSE not to remember the stinging feeling in the back of my throat that lingered for days, weeks, after she passed. Other days I feel like it was yesterday that it was before her stroke and she could still french braid my hair, make an entire Thanksgiving meal for 20, and rattle off all of her credit card numbers from memory (no really...she could, it was amazing! I've never met anyone who did that!)

I love you, Ma. I miss you every day. I know that you don't hurt anymore, and that your memories are back, and that you are resting peacefully, and for that I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment