A dog and his girl, some crafts, cooking, and a whole lot of nonsense...

Monday, April 28, 2014

Taking control...

Six weeks ago, I was admitted to the hospital in the middle of a two week migraine with a heart rate of 170. Wowzers.
Since then I've kinda decided that I needed get some shit under control.
Life is hard. Down right shitty sometimes.
But you can't just let it knock you down. I mean you can. Or you can choose to kick it in the ass. And that's the choice I made.
How? Well...
1. Gave up caffeine
2. No alcohol (wasn't drinking much to begin with)
3. Less gluten, working on becoming gluten free
4. No pain meds at all
5. Current meds are topamax, verapamil, propranolol, cymbalta, buspar, aspirin everyday
6. As needed meds are phenergan, benedryl, zanaflex and naproxen
7. Essential oils for pain, nausea, calming, etc
8. PTSD and regular counseling
9. Art therapy

I think that's it. It's more than enough. Ugh. Most days I still feel like shit, but I've lost 13 pounds and my jeans fall straight off of my ass. Good news I suppose. I wish the weight would come off of the ol'  belly.
I've been trying really hard to at least get myself in a better place to deal with pain. That's 400% of my problem. It's like I get to a certain point of pain and I flip because I can no longer deal and I shut down.
So anyway.
That's all I got. It's been 6 weeks with 1 ER visit for a dislocated shoulder, not a migraine.
Woop.

No comments:

Post a Comment