A dog and his girl, some crafts, cooking, and a whole lot of nonsense...

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Moving day...



I told ya'll that there were changes coming down the pipe for February. 
I wasn't kidding.
With the support of my family and friends and amazing boyfriend, I made the choice to get the hell out of the situation I was in with some pretty selfish, loud, obnoxious, ridiculous room mates from hell and do what was best for ME for a change.

I've moved five times in four years, and the weather has been extreme during every one of them...either snow or blazing heat. This time was no different. Although it wasn't actually snowing, there was still almost two feet of snow on most of the driveway and it was *just* warm enough to turn everything into mud and mess. 

I didn't care though. I can honestly say that this was the EASIEST move by far. Not physically, that's for sure. I helped Steven move each and every piece of furniture out if my home, and carried half of the house to and from the moving truck, but emotionally and mentally, this move was easy.
It was an EASY decision to move. It was a happy move. I knew I was moving to be in a happier place and to accomplish big things (school in the fall, new job, be with the man I love, etc.) 
I've only ever lived with a boyfriend (and a husband at one point...) a few times in my life and each time during the moving process, we have nearly killed each other or gotten into a knock down, drag out fight over something from being frustrated and/or sheer exhaustion. 
Not this time, and that's part of the reason that I know this is the right decision for myself and my dogs and my future. 
Even if Steven DID manage to drop every single pair of my clean underwear into the mud/snow...we had a good laugh about it and moved on.
Onward and upward. I'm so excited about the good things to come and Oscar and Lucy are so so so very happy here and so is their momma 😉


No comments:

Post a Comment