A dog and his girl, some crafts, cooking, and a whole lot of nonsense...

Friday, July 12, 2013

Oscar's favorite freezer meal!

Since my old blogs had a lot of craftiness and cooking, you can bet this one will too...I'll just throw in a pic of the dog and then call it a day.
This is possibly one of the easiest, healthiest things we make in this house. It can be done for as few or as many people and you want, and can be made in a billion variations, I'm sure.

I go to BJ's and buy steak or chicken and cut it into cubes and marinate in teriyaki because that's our favorite, but again, do whatever you want!
Then I wash, and cut squash, zucchini, and sugar snap peas.
I throw all of the meat, veggies, and some extra teriyaki into a zip lock freezer bag, and then that bag into another bag just to be safe.
I usually make 2 or 3 of them each time I go to BJ's, and then I can pop one out of the freezer any time I feel like a quick and easy dinner. I dump the whole thing into a wok-type frying pan with a lid and just cook it until the meat is done. Sometimes I serve it over noodles or rice, sometimes we just eat it plain!
And the dog watches, patiently waiting for me to throw him a piece of steak...yeah right.



No comments:

Post a Comment