A dog and his girl, some crafts, cooking, and a whole lot of nonsense...

Thursday, July 31, 2014

10 on Tuesday

And it's Thursday...don't hate.
I got a job this week, and took care of a cranky Jax for 4 days. Woot.

Anyway. Now that we are back from Massachusetts, I've kind of turned my focus into cleaning up from being on vaca, but also our home.
So in honor of our little abode, lets do 10 things/projects I want to complete in our house ASAP. Preferably before my sister's bridal shower here in September.

1. Paint/have someone paint the living room. I haven't decided on a color yet, but this flat...builder grade crap has got to go. The ceilings are vaulted in there, so it's likely that ill pay someone to do it because I'm not trying to climb up 10 feet and paint.

2. Hang up gallery wall of family pics and artwork in said living room. I had a small gallery wall at the old house, but this time I can go big, and I can't wait!

3. Make our bedroom super comfortable but also fantastic to look at. I have a head and footboard that someone gave us, but it needs to be sanded and painted. So I'd like to fix that, put up black out curtains, and repair our bedside tables black or charcoal grey. New bedding might be in our future as well. I bought a duvet cover at Ikea, but I'm not 100% on it. I might use that in the gust room instead.

4. Paint the downstairs bathroom and hang up art work, etc. I have a theme, color, and shower curtain in mind...just need to move forward with it.

5. Have something done with this lawn. Good god. There are weeds in the back that are as tall as the deck. Also, I feel bad for our mail lady, because its mega overgrown down by the mailbox and she has to reach through it to  get our mail in.

6. Paint the kitchen, with one wall as a huge chalkboard using chalkboard paint. The other walls will probably end up some shade of turquoise. Hang curtains on sliding glass door.

7. Paint dinning room table and chairs. Table black, chairs red, turquoise and apple green. Likely with chalk paint. I hear that's good stuff. Boom.

8. Fix pavers in the front. It looks like a drunk man laid them. There are 3 different kinds of pavers and they go every which way.

9. Find or build a platform/storage bed for the Guest room. Right now it's just a mattress on the floor, which is fine for Hannah and josh to come over, but not so much for the in laws, or anyone older than 25.

10. Redo the insulation upstairs. Our home inspector guy, Paul, told us that it wasn't the greatest. Barely passes inspection. And it gets so freakin hot up here. W crank the AC at night and have a fan. I'm sure it will be chilly up here in the winter. Which I'm ok with, but it's not good for our checking account when we have to work so hard to keep it comfortable up here. Also, we want babies sometime soon, and they would be sleeping in the room across from ours up here, and babies like comfortable temps.

No comments:

Post a Comment