A dog and his girl, some crafts, cooking, and a whole lot of nonsense...

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pink!

Being a girl, and being a firefighter don't always go hand-in-hand.
It's definitely come a long way, but it's not always easy.

Going through the academy and becoming Firefighter I and II certified, as well as my HAZMAT training was probably one of the most physically demanding things I've ever done in my life. Definitely top 10 on the "most proud moments," scale.

Anyway...
I've had these 3 certifications sitting in a file folder in my desk for almost 12 years. And that's not where they belong!
They are a serious accomplishment, and to be honest, I know that my body would not allow me to do it again right now. I'd need a personal trainer and a year of working out to even dream of it! ha ha

So, I had some dollar store frames, and some hot pink spray paint. It seemed like the perfect idea.
I think they show strength, yet are just pretty enough to be me.

I am SO happy with how they came out!! A simple, yet fierce reminder of who I am, where I've come from, and that I CAN achieve anything I want to do in life.

To use a phrase that I generally hate...Girl Power!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is awesome! I didn't know that there even WERE girl firefighters! Good for you. That's an amazing thing... firefighters are so brave, and seem so fearless. I am terrified of fire.

    Girl power, for sure :)

    -amber
    http://thesiblingrivalries.com

    ReplyDelete